Steps for Amped Wireless Router Setup
STEP-1 Remove and power off your existing router(if available)
Remove your existing router from PC, Modem and from the power outlet. If you don’t have an existing router continue to step 2.
STEP-2 Turn off your Modem
You need to turn off your modem. Make sure there is no power backup battery on it. If got one removes that battery too. Don’t turn on your modem until Step-4.
STEP-3 Connection between the Router and Modem
- From your Modem connect the Ethernet cable and connect the other end to your Amped router WAN Port.
- Connect another Ethernet cable from Router LAN Port 1,2,3,4 to your PC.
- If you Don’t have a PC then simply use a smartphone or a Tablet.
STEP-4 Turn on your Modem
Plugin the power and turn on your modem. Re-install the batteries if available. Wait for 5 minutes to complete the boot.
STEP-5 Installing the Router
- Attach the Antennas.
- Plugin the power.
- Wait until you see Power, Internet, WiFi, and LAN port light solid Green, white or Blue. LED color depends on your Router model.
- If using a smartphone or tablet, connect to the Router’s wireless network-Amped_xxxx.
- The default name and password can be found on the bottom of the router (Router label).
STEP-6 Access Amped Setup Wizard
- Once connected open your browser. (Recommended browsers-Google Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer)
- Visit http://setup.ampedwireless.com
- If the URL is not working try http://192.168.3.1
STEP-7 Begin Setup
- Click begin setup.
- If you see Dashboard then Click Setup wizard.
- Click Next to continue
- The router will start detecting your Internet Connection. Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Once the Amped setup wizard is complete, you should see a green checkmark.
Change your Amped wireless Settings like name and password
- Once the Amped setup wizard is finished you get the option to personalize your WiFi settings.
- You can always change your wireless settings by logging into your router.
- Access amped router login page using www.setup.ampedwireless.com.
- You can also access the amped router dashboard by using http://192.168.3.1
- Now go to Wireless and update your amped network name.
- Under security, you can change amped router password.
Amped Wireless Router Reset to Default Settings
Steps to reset the router to default settings
- The reset button on the Web menu. Access amped router login page using http://setup.ampedwireless.com. Go to More settings> Management> Save/Reload Settings. Select the Reset settings to default.
- Press the physical reset button available on the back of the router. Using a pin or paper clip to press the reset button for 10 seconds. Wait for 5 minutes to boot the router completely.
Setup your devices with amped router using Wi-Fi protected setup(Push Button Configuration)
- Press WPS button on the router for 3 seconds.
- Now on your prefer device access WPS setting and allow it to connect to access point.
Troubleshooting Amped Wireless Setup Page – Setup.ampedwireless.com
PROBLEM: I entered setup.ampedwireless.com and it failed to open the Web Menu.
a. Make sure your computer is connected to the Router using the included Ethernet cable.
Ensure that the power on the Router is on.
b. Check that your computer IS NOT connected to any wireless networks. If it is, disable your Wi-Fi connection
and disconnect from all wireless networks. Reboot the Router and try again.
c. Close your current web browser and reopen it. Use Google Chrome, Internet Explorer (8.0 and up), or Safari.
d. Open your web browser and enter 192.168.3.1 into the web address bar.
e. Reset the Router to default settings by holding the Reset button (located on the back panel) for ten (10) seconds
and try again. The Setup Wizard should appear. To access the Dashboard, complete or skip the Setup Wizard.
The Setup Wizard appears only when the Router has not yet been configured.
f. If you still cannot access the menu, disconnect the Ethernet cable and connect wirelessly to the Router. Open
your web browser to setup.ampedwireless.com.
g. If the Setup Wizard appears instead of the Dashboard, the Router has not yet been configured. Complete the
Setup Wizard or skip the Setup Wizard to access the Dashboard.
PROBLEM: The Setup Wizard could not automatically configure my Internet connection.
a. Reset your modem by holding down the Reset button located on the back of the modem for approximately
ten (10) seconds. Try again.
b. Reboot the router by unplugging the power adapter and plugging it back in.
c. Static IP: Your Internet connection may require a static IP setting. Check with your ISP to obtain the IP settings.
d. DSL Connection: Your Internet connection may require login information. If you are using PPPoE mode,
you will need to manually configure your Internet connection settings and obtain your username and password.
e. Cable Modem: Your Internet connection may require you to clone your MAC address. Go to More Settings >
IP Settings > Internet Network (WAN) and select Automatic/Dynamic (DHCP) from the dropdown menu.
Clone your PC’s MAC address under the DNS settings